Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Year

Holy crap, it is 2014.

I would like to apologize for me literally never updating my blog. I don't know why it is such a struggle for me,  I just get so busy and caught up I never have time to sit and write. All the down time I have is spent editing my life away, haha.

Lets just say a LOT has happened since the last time I wrote a blog post. Virginia is cold, also bipolar. One day it will be 70 degrees and sunny, the next its 20 degrees and pouring rain. I love it though, it is so beautiful here and I am getting closer and closer to my amazing friends here. I know that God has a plan for me and meeting each and every one of my friends here in Virginia was part of that plan.  I am so blessed that they felt the courage to come and befriend me when I was all alone in a new place. I am always traveling! I am so blessed to be able to go back and forth to Utah and Arizona for photo shoots and I will be forever grateful for my amazing clients. However, I just returned from Arizona and my next schedule trip is not until the end of March. March. That is a LONG time. This will be the longest stretch that I have been away from Arizona and all of my friends so far and I can tell already that it is going to be one of the hardest things I have gone through.

My sister, her husband, and Jaxon moved back in! Yes, my sister and her family moved back in with us in Virginia. Them living with us is just temporary but they love Virginia and they are already looking for a place to call their home. I am so excited for them and this wonderful adventure they are starting. Because of them moving in, I switched rooms. Now I am in a smaller room, but I honestly don't mind. More homey and I don't need a ton of space.

Christmas. This years Christmas was so weird. Doesn't even feel like it happened. This was the first year that I was not at home. If you are close to me you know how much I love Christmas and the wonderful spirit it brings to people. I was in Arizona for two weddings and so I spent the holiday with my friends Maddie and Jaci. I could not ask for better friends. They were all so sweet to me and helped me feel the true meaning of Christmas. ALSO I got to go spend part of the day with the Fox's, my brother-in-laws family. They made me feel right at home.

My friend Maddie is here in Virginia with me for winter break and I could not be happier that she got to come and see what my life is like here. Finally someone to see my room and my beautiful surroundings. Yesterday we woke up super early and drove up to Washington, D.C. It was amazing. I would have never dreamed as a child that I would have gone to D.C. You see it in all the movies and all over the news it was so crazy to see it in real life. The absolute cutest city, so much culture and history. TIP FOR EVERYONE TRAVELING TO D.C. IN THE WINTER: DON'T. When we got there it was freezing. We knew it would be cold but not THAT cold. We were so unprepared and you have to walk everywhere in D.C. unless you want to take a cab. So we walked a few miles to the local H&M and bought ourselves some gloves, hats, and scarfs. To date the best $27 I have ever spent. We went in a few museums and went to all the main tourist attractions but my favorite thing by far was the lincoln memorial. HOLY CRAP. That thing is huge and so beautiful. You walk in and immediately feel the peace and respect shared by everyone, and a few asian tourists taking pictures every 5 seconds at every angle they can possibly think of.

Well, that is all I can think of right now. Stay tuned for more random thoughts from me.
Hopefully it won't take me four months to write on here again.

Love you all.
xoxo,
Ty.

No comments:

Post a Comment